Pages Menu
Facebook

Community news for the Quincy, Washington, area since 1949

Categories Menu

Posted on Sep 8, 2015

Concert-goer died of drug overdose

GEORGE — A Portland man who collapsed and died after June’s Paradiso Festival at the Gorge Amphitheatre suffered acute MDMA poisoning, according to toxicology tests.
Chelan County Coroner Wayne Harris received pathology reports Monday that certified the cause of death for Beau Bradley Brooks, 22, who died June 28 at Central Washington Hospital in Wenatchee.
MDMA, also known as Ecstasy or Molly when in a powdered, unadulterated form, is a mood-altering drug. Its side effects can include dehydration and fever. Its recreational use is sometimes associated with party-goers at electronic music festivals like Paradiso.
Brooks was one of 53 festival-goers brought to Quincy Valley Medical Center for treatment during the concert weekend, some suffering from the effects of drug intoxication as well as extreme heat. Temperatures reached 101 on the first day of the festival, 107 on the second. Of the concert attendees treated at Quincy, eight including Brooks were shipped to other hospitals for further care.
A second festival-goer, Vivek Singh Pandher, 22, fell unconscious June 27 and died July 5 in a Vancouver, B.C., hospital. The British Columbia Coroners Service has not determined a cause of death in Pandher’s case.

 

By Jefferson Robbins, Wenatchee World

Share This Story!Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someoneShare on Google+Share on LinkedInPrint this pagePin on PinterestShare on Tumblr