Pages Menu
Facebook

Community news for the Quincy, Washington, area since 1949

Categories Menu

Posted on Nov 24, 2014

News briefs: Nov. 20

3-car accident closes Trinidad Hill
Five people taken to area hospitals on Monday following a three-vehicle accident on Highway 28 were all treated and later released.
The accident, which happened just before 6 p.m. near the state rest stop west of Quincy, was caused when a westbound car on Highway 28 crossed the centerline, striking another car headed east. The second vehicle then struck a semi-truck, which also was headed east on the highway.
The Washington State Patrol is citing “inattention” by Gustavo Rodriguez Cornelio, 29, of East Wenatchee, as the cause of the accident. Cornelio was driving the westbound vehicle. Charges are pending.
Cornelio was airlifted to Confluence Health in Wenatchee.
Four East Wenatchee people also were taken to Quincy Valley Medical Center. All were riding in the second vehicle. They were: Juan N. Romero, 54; Lilia Romero, 53; Rosalinda Barragan, 33; and Esmie Barragan, 1.
The driver of the semi-truck was uninjured. The injured people were wearing seatbelts, the WSP reported.
Trinidad Hill was closed at about 6 p.m.; the eastbound lane was reopened at 8:18 p.m., a WSP spokeswoman said.

Quincy woman involved in accident
EPHRATA — A Quincy woman was treated and released from Columbia Basin Hospital in Ephrata Saturday after allegedly causing a three-car accident on Highway 28.
The accident happened at about 3:24 p.m. Saturday, about 2 miles west of Ephrata.
Bettina J. Bronson, 46, of Quincy reportedly was headed westbound in a 1999 Honda Accord when she struck a car ahead of her that had slowed down for another car making a left-hand turn. The accident caused the second vehicle to strike the stopped car ahead of it.
The Washington State Patrol cited Bronson for driving too fast.
A passenger in the car that Bronson struck was also taken to Columbia Basin Hospital. Iru Alvarez Arroyo, 48, also was treated and released, a hospital spokeswoman said.

George teen headed to prison for burglary
A George teenager last week was sentenced to 21 months in prison for stealing several guns, ammunition and other items from a neighbor.
Colton Smith, 17, pleaded guilty to charges of first-degree burglary and theft of a firearm. Charges of trafficking in stolen property were dropped in exchange for his guilty plea.
Salvador Solorzano Torres, also charged in the crime, is due back in court next week. Torres, 17, is facing charges of burglary, theft and trafficking in stolen property.
On Sept. 17, Smith told a Grant County sheriff’s depty that he and Torres waited for his neighbor to leave that morning before entering her home. Among the items taken were six guns, 12 boxes of ammunition and some cash. The homeowner estimated about $9,000 in items were stolen.
Smith was seen by the depty with some of the items later that day. Torres later turned himself into authorities.

Share This Story!Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someoneShare on Google+Share on LinkedInPrint this pagePin on PinterestShare on Tumblr