Property taxes due at end of month
The Grant County treasurer is reminding taxpayers that second-half taxes on real, mobile home and personal property are due Nov. 2.
Usually due the last day of October, the second-half taxes are due two days later this year because Oct. 31 falls on a weekend.
If sending a payment by mail, make sure the envelope is postmarked on or before Nov. 2 to avoid being delinquent.
Some other tips:
- Verify that all parcels that you intend to pay were included on your statements.
- Send the bottom right side coupon of your statements if paying by mail for proper crediting.
- If you have more than one coupon, you may make one check for the total taxes.
- Review your parcel information on the county website.
- If you have any questions regarding your taxes, call the treasurer’s office at 754-2011, extension 4299.
A drop box is set up inside the treasurer’s office for taxpayers who wish to drop off their tax payment and do not need a receipt. The treasurer’s office also is open through the noontime lunch hour through Nov. 2.
People also can pay their taxes online on the county website.